4 cups Plain flour
3/4 cup Powdered milk
1/2 tablespoon Baking powder
1 cup Sugar
4 cups Red, green or lotus seed paste
20 Yolks from salted eggs
1 Egg yolk
3/4 cup Melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make Filling:
1. Put the 20 salted egg yolks on a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins.
2. Divide bean paste into 20 portions and press a salted egg yolk into each of these.
3. Roll these up into a ball with the egg yolk hidden in the centre.
To make Dough:
1. Sift flour, powdered milk and baking powder together.
2. Beat sugar and eggs together until creamy and white, about 10 minutes.
3. Mix in the melted butter.
4. Then lightly fold in the dry ingredients.
5. Divide this mixture into 20 portions.
To make the mooncakes:
1. Increase the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Roll out dough to 4 inch circles.
3. Place a portion of filling each in the centre and bring up the sides to encase it completely. Pinch cracks to seal and roll between your hands to make a ball.
4. Lightly flour the mould and press the dough ball into it, flattening it with the palm of your hand. Shake to tip out.
5. Place them on a baking sheet, brush tops with egg yolk, and bake for 30 mins.
6. Serve warm or cold.